You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request: Option to change the space or distance between the spreads/pages/pasteboard in Publisher

I recently posted on the support forum, but there does not seem to be an option for this. So posting here now as a feature request.

I would be super great if there a way to change the space or distance between the spreads/pages/pasteboard?

Within InDesign preferences ( Preferences > Guides & Pasteboard > Pasteboard Options ) there is a way to set this. I can't seem to find this in Publisher. I always found this helpful because sometimes I don't want to see the other page and prefer to focus on the page I'm designing. 

Keep up the great work Affinity!

add-space.jpg

• 4 months later...

There is (ALWAYS for Chul) OFTEN a workaround with the Affinity applications. :D

Simply change your bleed e.g. to 60 mm while working and set it later back to e.g. 3 mm when it comes to printing or exporting.

Edit: This topic should be moved to Publisher forum?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@Joachim_L

8 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

There is ALWAYS a workaround with the Affinity applications. :D

Simply change your bleed e.g. to 60 mm while working and set it later back to e.g. 3 mm when it comes to printing or exporting.

I like your positive answer. :12_slight_smile:

Can you give me a work around for adjusting the spacing between 2 facing pages as well, please?

space.PNG

You have every right to ridicule me, so I edited my previous post. ;) Sorry, this time I have no workaround for you. :/

Just out of curiousity: Do you really need the spacing there or was this the part making fun of me?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

No, problem. I know I am not the wits end. :D

2 minutes ago, Chul said:

I can give you reasons too if you wish to hear them

Indeed, I want to hear the reasons.

------

24 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Edit: This topic should be moved to Publisher forum?

Wondered about that myself...

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

Indeed, I want to hear the reasons.

Okay, sure! I design lots of ads, so I generally have how many pages with different versions until I get done. (probably the only weirdo designer who does that!)  I'd like to be able to space the pages so I could do a side by side comparison without having them run into each other. The other scenario is the brochures, trifolds etc I do. I like to have the front & back cover totally back to back, but not the rest of the pages.

More like artboards but without being stuck with Designer.

34 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

There is ALWAYS OFTEN ALWAYS a workaround with the Affinity applications. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gutter2.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, Chul said:

Would you mind letting me in on your secret, @carl123? If I say please pretty please?:D

You won't like it :ph34r:

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Add a grey rectangle down the middle of the spread - the same color as the background

Adjust the inner margin setting to compensate :P

Just now, carl123 said:

Add a grey rectangle down the middle of the spread - the same color as the background

Adjust the inner margin setting to compensate 

Magic!

------

Another reason that "split spreads" in ID is advantageous, the only reason I personally split spreads, is for jobs that will be loose bound (like 3-ring binders) that have inside bleed. Unless one splits the facing page spreads, inside bleed crosses over to the facing page.

3 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Another reason that "split spreads" in ID is advantageous, the only reason I personally split spreads, is for jobs that will be loose bound (like 3-ring binders) that have inside bleed. Unless one splits the facing page spreads, inside bleed crosses over to the facing page.

Precisely.

3 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

@Chul What about using Artboards from ADesigner and opening them in APublisher without converting them to pages?

You may now go back & change your post to ALWAYS a workaround, @Joachim_L. Thanks so much! I'm not sure why I didn't do that before, it works great for what I want it for. Yes it might take longer, but hey it's a workable workaround!

• 5 months later...