You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey,
To print my address cards I created a suited layout in designer.

The bleed and cut marks are not visible when I place the individual cards, created in Designer, with bleed and cut marks  and exported as PDF.

Can someone explain me why this is happening and how to solve this issue ?  (I don't have Publisher ;-)

A lot of thanks ;-)
Charly

Avery C32015 Layout.afdesign

Test met bleed.pdf

• Staff

Hi Charly,

It's not currently possible to view Bleed on placed PDFs, unless you double click on them, then it opens the PDF in it's own window and shows the bleed.  

I know it's been requested to have an option to show bleed on placed PDFs so hopefully this will be added at a later date.

Thx for your fast answer. Indeed, hopefully we get this option soon. 
But even when I'm not able to see it ... will the bleed be applied when printing ? > I will check it right now :D

Anyway, Affinity products cover more than I need now. I'm a happy customer ;-)

Regards,
Karel

I'm slightly disappointed now :-(    I can print the separate saved PDF-file with the bleed. But when I import and print the same PDF-file from Affinity Design the bleed is ELIMINATED !!!

And for your info: When I double click on the file in Affinity Design it opens in a new window ... without bleed ! .... have I overlooked a setting ? "View / show bleed" is marked ...

There is always a work around, but it is an imperfection that reduce the productivity. Of course you can argue that Publisher has all one need for such a job ... the commercial aspect ?

Best regards,
Karel