Posted (edited)

Creating a logo design, which is a rectangle with four lines of text inside. Two of the lines are on a curved path. When I grab a handle + SHIFT to make the artwork smaller/bigger, the text either stays the same size (scale up) or 'folds' onto itself (scale down).

Whaaaa??? Text doesn't scale in Designer? No such thing in Illustrator, as everything scales at the same time, so I obviously didn't check off something essential in Designer. Not that it should matter, because this are not strokes, but I have "Scale with object" checked within the Stroke panel.

Just to clarify, as it seems to be isolated to this type of element; text on a path is what does not transform with selected objects.

Edited by Dr. Dave

Answered my question by accidentally finding the answer...

Apparently there is another transform handle just below and to the right of the transform box - this is what needs to be manipulated in order for everything including text on a path to scale in sync.

I dunno, kinda weird having all these extra functions, I'm not sure why you would need that additional handle as opposed to this happening by default. Why would i ever want text on a path to not transform with other selected artwork???

And I just realized, you can't use the Transform panel with text on a path. C'mon guys!

2019-07-15_16-43-38.png

Select the text or its appropriate part to change the font size, type, alignment, ...

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.2.471, Photo 1.7.2.471, Publisher 1.7.2.471.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.295.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

No problem with this function in Affinity Designer latest beta on iPad Pro...

Hav’nt tested this on my Mac or Windows machines...

Tested this now on my windows laptop and could not see any unwanted behavior with resizing a group of: An rectangle with two lines of straight text and two lines of text on curves, one on a circle and one on an curved line...

When I resize it thru the lower handle everything resized well...