You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MacOS 10.13.6 & Affinity Photo 1.7.1

• Staff

Hey analog-digital, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

Can you attach a crash report?

What are the specs of your machine?

Could you also try holding down the ctrl key whilst launching the app. Keep ctrl held down until you see a dialog appear and then click Clear. 

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey analog-digital, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

• Thank you

Can you attach a crash report?

• How can I do that?

What are the specs of your machine?

• See attached Pics

Could you also try holding down the ctrl key whilst launching the app. Keep ctrl held down until you see a dialog appear and then click Clear. 

• OK I've done this. But the application quits immediately

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 17.34.35.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-16 um 17.34.04.jpg

Since you’ve only just bought the app, you can safely press the ‘Select All’ („Alles markieren“) button in the dialog without fear of losing anything important.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Have you installed the app into a folder that contains a / (forward slash)? It may be worth trying the beta which has fixed this issue:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/91070-affinity-photo-customer-beta-172146/

To attach a crash report, simply drag the 'paper icon' (next to where it says Problem Report for Affinity Photo) on the crash report screen to your desktop and attach it to a new post in this thread.

Screenshot 2019-07-17 09.57.53.png

• Staff

The 1.7.2 I linked to is the beta which I suggested you install. Can you tell me the path of the install folder?

Well you said you are crashing on startup so you should be seeing a crash report appear a few moments after the app has actually crashed.

• Staff
1 minute ago, analog-digital said:

You can see the version im my pictures I'v uploaded.....

I am asking you to install the beta 1.7.2 that I linked to to see if it fixes your issue. I can see that you have 1.7.1 installed. The 1.7.2 beta will install alongside your currently installed 1.7.1.

• Staff
6 minutes ago, analog-digital said:

Yes I know but can I import the TIF's DIRECTLY into Affinity or via Capture One or Phocus?

As far as I know—yes. You should be able to do it from the File menu. I don't have Capture One installed but this is what I've read from other forum users. I'm not sure about Phocus... you will have to try it as I have no experience/knowledge with it unfortunately.