You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when using Line Spacing

I'm consistently getting crashes when using the text line spacing in Photo. If I select one line then switch to spacing, eventually it works without crashing. It actually just crashes out of the session without saving the changes. It doesn't crash the whole app.

iPad Pro 10.5 Photo 1.7.1 iOS 12.3.1

• Staff

Hey skiphunt,

It seems to be working alright for me. Does this happen on a blank document or does it seem specific to a particular one? Would you mind doing a quick screen recording as it might give me a big clue as to how to reproduce it. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey skiphunt,

It seems to be working alright for me. Does this happen on a blank document or does it seem specific to a particular one? Would you mind doing a quick screen recording as it might give me a big clue as to how to reproduce it. Thanks! 

can't do "quick screen recording" at the moment...

I just tried again on a fresh image with fresh text and could not reproduce the crash. When I was having the problem a few days ago, I had some text that I was adding to several photos one-by-one. So, I copied the text layer, then pasted into the next photo to adjust font size, position, and line spacing. It crashed several times working with this original pasted text box.

Although, I just tried again on a fresh image, dummy text, formatted text, then copy/pasted that text box layer onto a new photo and then adjusted line spacing. It did not crash. 

Then went back to one of my original images with text and tried to adjust the line spacing... and it DID crash out. I opened it again and tried, but it worked fine the second time. 

I'll attach the Photo doc

lisbonNEWlowres.afphoto

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey skiphunt,

Thanks for the file. I managed to crash it when I selected all the text and went into Spacing. I can pass this to the developers for you :) 

It crashed like when adjusting line spacing on most of the other 8 images that I also cut/pasted that text block onto. So, it’s not likely a corrupt image. 

I was thinking maybe corrupt font, but if it crashed for you too, that rules that out. 

It was ONLY when adjusting line spacing every time. All other text edits worked fine.