You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Incompatibilities

I really don't have time for all of this!

I am a scientist and photojournalist. I fired Adobe eight years ago and don't want to go through that horror story again; and I don't have time to piss around with a pretty, but incomparable program.

On my new Acer computer I had previously loaded my Olympus SP 810-UZ camera software, Sony's PMWEX3 Content Browser. Catalyst Prepare and Catalyst Edit and those were all working fine.

Then I loaded Affinity Photo and both Catalyst Prepare and Catalyst Edit stopped working.

Please let me know before two days pass,  I will remove Affinity Photo, most likely the source of all of this conflict, at Noon Zulu (UTC) Thursday, July 18, 2019.

Best Regards,

Stan G. Webb

Your post has been edited to remove swearing, please try to avoid profanity in the future, as it's against the forum rules.

Are you on Windows or macOS? When you say "stopped working" do you have any further information? How did they stop? 

Unfortunately as we don't make Catalyst Prepare or Catalyst Edit I can't guess as to why they are no longer working. Have you tried contacting Sony's technical support team?

You kind of mention assets browsing... Is it just that he file associations stopped working ? (you could link them back to the others, easily (on Windows. Or from the apps preferences, some have it there). If don't know how to, maybe reinstall the two other apps)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.