You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change the space or distance between the spreads/pages/pasteboard in Publisher

Is there a way to change the space or distance between the spreads/pages/pasteboard?

Within InDesign preferences ( Preferences > Guides & Pasteboard > Pasteboard Options ) there is a way to set this. I can't seem to find this in Publisher. I always found this helpful because sometimes I don't want to see the other page and prefer to focus on the page I'm designing. 

Thanks for any help or advice!

add-space.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Does anybody know if this is in the works?

To me it's a major problem when working on bigger files - it actually seems that the bigger the file is the smaller is the gap between pages.

Check the screenshots - the first one is from the project with 5 pages size A5 and the other one has 3 pages for the billboard size - 9x3m. It is impossible to see the top and bottom edges of these pages unless you zoom in to 100%. But with a file like once you fit it on screen, there are no visible gaps at all.

The gap between pages should be based on percentage depending on the file size. But it seems the gap has the same default size all the time, no matter what.

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.16.05.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 16.39.26.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 16.44.20.png

• 3 years later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, brunoczech said:

billboard size - 9x3m.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, Forteskun said:

Any news on this topic?

No news but a recommendation …

Instead working in scale 1:1 with that large page dimension you could work in scale 1:10 (or any preferred scale) and increase the document DPI accordingly. This will display the gutter between the spreads:

pagesizeworkspacescale.thumb.jpg.fb2d62c117b96b5ab43fa1ec1b629c39.jpg

… or a workaround: Set an accordingly large bleed for the bottom edge of the pages during layout (change it as required for export). The bleed will be added on screen as vertical space between the spreads:

pagesizeworkspacebleed.thumb.jpg.6ff821cecca0e0ce74eed87e824acb46.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1