You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tools not working until i close project and open again (split)

I'm glad you reported this, Tornin. It often happens to me, and no one has mentioned it so I thought it was something I was doing in my doc. Like you, I must close the doc and bring it up again, but sometimes it reoccurs after only a few minutes. Sometimes I even try rebooting my iMac Pro since I thought it might be a memory problem, but I am not using FILE/SAVE HISTORY WITH FILE and cannot find where to manage my "undos."  Also, I have plenty of RAM and have no other app up except Mail. It is frustrating to have the tool suddenly stuck, usually on the View Tool (Hand) but sometimes on the Zoom tool (+). Although this bug is nothing compared to the crashes I had in Adobe Illustrator, I hope they fix it soon. PS: For me it occurs when I change from either the Move tool, the Node tool or the Pen tool, especially when using my short cuts for these two tools (Move = s and Node = d and Pen = c).

• Staff

Hi Jim,

I've split this into its own topic and moved it to the correct forum. Would it be possible for you to record a video that shows the issue you're getting please? Does the tool still fail to change if you click on the icons, rather then just use keyboard shortcuts?

On 7/15/2019 at 6:20 AM, Sean P said:

Does the tool still fail to change if you click on the icons, rather then just use keyboard shortcuts?

Yes, Sean. When the tool "jams" it is on the View (hand) tool, but once on the Zoom tool (perhaps a fluke). I click on various tool icons to try to "release" it and also try various of my shortcuts, but nothing helps. It is difficult to document. It would simply show my cursor clicking on the tools, and you could not see my use of keyboard shortcuts. Also, but the time I realize what is happening I've forgotten what my previous actions were. It has not happened for a few days ... perhaps because I reported it! I'll let you know when it does. Thanks for your concern. You folks are fantastic!

I forgot to mention that a few times when working with the Move or Node tools AD suddenly brings up the Vector Brush tool even though I have no shortcut for that and my tools palette is far away from my cursor. I've tried to isolate this but cannot fine the precise moment when it happen or what came before. I'll keep trying to find when and perhaps why it happens.