You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher beta crashes while saving

I created a document with many pinned objects, symbols und Assets on the master page. After some crashes in the retail version i downloaded the latest beta version of publisher (422).

But the document keeps crashing while saving. Every time i want to save the document, publisher crashes, as well the retail version as the beta version.

This only happens with this document (see attached file). Is there any possibility to use this document without rebuilding it?

Here are the crash reports and the file

first time in retail version.dmp

last time in retail version.dmp

last crash report in beta version.dmp

erste_Versuche.afpub

• Staff

I've logged that file to see what we can do, but you stumbled into a recipe that *should* be fixed in the current beta, however if the file was got into this state in 1.7.1 and then opened in the beta it won't prevent the issue with it crashing on save.

It should however no longer be possible to get a file into this state when created in the beta.

I'll update you if we can do something with the file.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thank you for the quick answer. I feared that this is a problem with the document.

I will start rebuilding it in the beta version. Is it possible to just copy the elements into a new document or will it lead to the same problem?

• Staff

I'll be honest, I can't say 100%. If you copy the actual text object (so the frame, not the text inside the frame) it should be fine.

If you want to be completely safe I would rebuild it without doing so.

Hi,

i created a new document in the beta version and tried to copy all elements of the corrupted document. Therefore i opened the old docment in the retail version und the new document in the beta version. Sometimes, while copying, crashed the old document, sometimes the new one. But afterwards I could work fine with it.

But now it seems the document is corruptet again, because it always crashes while saving in the beta version. Its really annoying.

Is it possible to find out which element exactly causes the crash? Because i work with connected symbols, with assets and a lot of pinned objects at the master page. Just when im going to rebuild the document it would be great to know which elements i shouldn´t copy from the corrupted document.

Here is the crashlog and the document.

19e6f143-1837-4ed2-8ae1-6a7c8b3f03b9.dmp

d444f3c7-53e9-4226-a123-e06db6f12e1a.dmp

64bc3027-0b39-41c4-8b87-cf824b2c5039.dmp

neuer Versuch.afpub

• Staff

Hi,

So I have a version of that file which saves, but I'll be honest and say it was a bit of luck how I "fixed" and I can't reproduce it, i'll look into this a bit more but for now can you check if the attached file is alright for yourself?

It sounds like copy and pasting bought the "corrupt" object over which we were hoping wouldn't happen if the text object itself was copied.

Thanks

neuer Versuch-fixed.afpub

Thank you very much. It works. Awsome.

Do you have any idea wich elements are problematic? Would it for example be better to unpin the pinned objects at the master page? Or could it be the connected symbols in Designer (are there problems connected to the symbols function known?)? Should i disconnect the symbols to be safe?

In some cases (e.g. the task numbers) i copied the text frame together with the text (shame on me). Do you think that could be a reason to? Would it be better to delete this elements and create new one?

• Staff

It will likely be the pinned objects on the master page, but it's actually hard to say for certain. 

To be as safe as possible, if a text object contains a pinned object it might be better to re-create it.

A developer has however fixed your original file, which I've attached here. This should now be safe to work from. Please use the beta if possible as it should avoid this happening again, and if it happens in this attached file in the beta let me know.

erste_Versuche - fixed.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.