You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing

Designer would randomly close on no particular action, could be just zoom in or moving element.

I've attached some crash reports that are generated. I'd say 50% are not even generated.

4b655d4a-db81-402e-92df-fc23bedb9366.dmp

5ad1389b-369c-4721-b0cf-f0cb64ca2b26.dmp

875a027f-7e69-4fcc-b996-c28ee788a4c3.dmp

designer & frontend dev @potzo.net

• Staff

Hi Potzo,

How often do you find it crashes for you? Is it something that you would be able to catch on a screen recording at all? Also are you loading your files from local storage or from a network drive?

I've spoken to development and it looks like it is crashing when drawing overlays on the page such as Margins, Guides, Rulers etc. If the crashes are fairly common, would you be able to disable all the 'Show' options under View menu and see if that crashes. If not - try enabling them gradually and see if you could narrow down which one is specifically crashing.

It may well be document specific as well - do you find it happens on newer/less complex documents, or only on the more complex ones. If so would you be able to attach a document and a list of the actions you are doing prior to it crashing?

Thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to check replies.

I am loading files from local drive that's synced to OneDrive.

I will try disabling 'Show' options. I do have to use Guides though, so I will leave that on.

I would have to record video all the time, because it really happens on no particular action.

I've attached another crash log, but most of the time it crashes it leaves no bug report.

def1e086-c02e-4209-b581-ae3ff7f38fee.dmp

designer & frontend dev @potzo.net

• 5 months later...