You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.7.2.424 Download location

Hi Guys,

The download link takes me to a Dropbox location to download from. Is this correct, as I have never downloaded anything from Affinity through Dropbox in the past? This is the download location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrlfm83gdykf93m/affinity-photo-customer-beta-1.7.2.424.exe?dl=0

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

True, but the (normal) download starts simultaneous. So look in your downloadfolder and just close that dropbox link.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

35 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Yes, I was having a little experiment with putting the files on Dropbox.

I think experiment has succeeded.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

50 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

I think experiment has succeeded. 

Cheers

Yes, i think so too.

20 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've changed the links to be direct download now, so shouldn't take you to a page on Dropbox.com. It's quicker for me to upload, and should be quicker for users to download. 

Yes, much faster Download than before Mark.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end then with the Dropbox server. So I guess it depends on how your ISP is connected to the internet (or how busy the lines are at the time of downloading). In short: It all depends on the individual situation.

7 minutes ago, VolkerMB said:

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end

It looks as though you missed this:

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've changed the links to be direct download now, so shouldn't take you to a page on Dropbox.com. It's quicker for me to upload, and should be quicker for users to download.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

7 hours ago, VolkerMB said:

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end then with the Dropbox server. So I guess it depends on how your ISP is connected to the internet (or how busy the lines are at the time of downloading). In short: It all depends on the individual situation.

The main retail downloads will still be hosted on Amazon with CloudFront edge distribution.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.