Dave Quail

Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.7.2.424 Download location

True, but the (normal) download starts simultaneous. So look in your downloadfolder and just close that dropbox link.

Affinity Photo  1.7.1.404 

Windows 10 Home  1903 (build 18362.175) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

35 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Yes, I was having a little experiment with putting the files on Dropbox.

I think experiment has succeeded.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.2.424 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.2.424:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.2.422:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.207)

50 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

I think experiment has succeeded. 

Cheers

Yes, i think so too.

20 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've changed the links to be direct download now, so shouldn't take you to a page on Dropbox.com. It's quicker for me to upload, and should be quicker for users to download. 

Yes, much faster Download than before Mark.

Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.7.1.404    AD 1.7.1.404    APUB 1.7.1.404     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end then with the Dropbox server. So I guess it depends on how your ISP is connected to the internet (or how busy the lines are at the time of downloading). In short: It all depends on the individual situation.

7 minutes ago, VolkerMB said:

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end

It looks as though you missed this:

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've changed the links to be direct download now, so shouldn't take you to a page on Dropbox.com. It's quicker for me to upload, and should be quicker for users to download.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Well, I had downloaded the installer the other day - from Mark's Dropbox which was painfully slow. So lets see what the primary download loacation will become in future...

7 hours ago, VolkerMB said:

Sorry, but I have to rain on your parade: Downloading from the Amazon server is much faster at my end then with the Dropbox server. So I guess it depends on how your ISP is connected to the internet (or how busy the lines are at the time of downloading). In short: It all depends on the individual situation.

The main retail downloads will still be hosted on Amazon with CloudFront edge distribution.