You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do not but this program

I cannot stress enough how badly made this is. Can't save anything unless you export it, can't merge layers without severe pixilation. There seems to be a malicious intent to make this as hard to use as possible, extra steps that just don't add up. The crop tool doesn't even work. DO NOT BUY! Gimp is better by miles.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:55 AM, samsonosmas said:

I cannot stress enough how badly made this is. Can't save anything unless you export it, can't merge layers without severe pixilation. There seems to be a malicious intent to make this as hard to use as possible, extra steps that just don't add up. The crop tool doesn't even work. DO NOT BUY! Gimp is better by miles.

Are you a congenital idiot or just a Troll? Actually probably both given you don't identify which app you're referring to and given your reference to Gimp (I suspect you probably are one) I suspect that you're discussing (after a fashion) Affinity Photo. None of your three observations seem to have any relation to the real world. I don't use Affinity Photo because I'm a Lightroom/Photoshop user but I downloaded the trial just to test your assertions and can only think that you meant to post on another site in a galaxy far far away because I couldn't identify any of the so-called faults you describe. By the way - it's spelled "pixelation" not pixilation (which would be a reference to transmogrification into a mythological tiny creature with pointy ears and a bizarre fashion sense from Cornwall).

Edited by CarlM
addition to content

21 minutes ago, CarlM said:

By the way - it's spelled "pixelation" not pixilation (which would be a reference to transmogrification into a mythological tiny creature with pointy ears and a bizarre fashion sense from Cornwall).

LOL. Oh, and this is the ‘Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)’ forum section, whose title includes one or two subtle hints that it’s meant for tutorials rather than customer feedback. And there’s a typo in the topic title.

Depending on when and where the app was purchased, the OP may be able to request a refund. For any potential purchaser, it’s best to try to avoid that problem by taking advantage of the ten-day free trials:

https://affin.co/designertrial

https://affin.co/phototrial

https://affin.co/publishertrial

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 7/13/2019 at 11:55 PM, samsonosmas said:

Can't save anything unless you export it, .... DO NOT BUY! Gimp is better by miles.

You also have to Export in Gimp, since Gimp v2, if you want to get a file in other than Gimp's native .xcf format. Just like in Affinity Photo.

So that part of the argument doesn't make any sense.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:55 PM, samsonosmas said:

can't merge layers without severe pixilation

This one could be the result of the document's DPI setting being too low for the intended application.

The rest of the first post seems to be bogus, guessing either someone letting off steam because they were in too much of a hurry to understand a complex application before trying to use it for something, or as suggested earlier in the thread, trolling.  Hard to tell sometimes from a single post.