Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to collapse the panels within afinity desginer, as in photoshop, press a small button and hide a whole panel in a simple icon. This is very practical in my workflow, that's clears the workspace of the panels that I will use momentarily (like at the text panel) of the panels that I want to have always displayed (like at layers panel and color panel).

Since excuse my English, and I appreciate any help

Example.jpg

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Gonzalo Buguenho

There is no button like that in the Affinity applications.

However, you could press Ctrl+Shift+H (on Windows) or Cmd+Shift+H (on Mac), which is the default keyboard shortcut for View > Studio > Show (or Hide) Studio. That will show or hide all the studio panels, which may be more than you want.

Also, in your Affinity application Preferences, in Keyboard Shortcuts, then in the Miscellaneous section, you can setup individual keyboard shortcuts for specific studio panels, such as the Character or Paragraph panel. However, that would show or hide one panel at a time, and if you wanted to bring back both panels that you show in your screenshot it would require pressing two shortcut key combinations.

You can also move those two studio panels so they fit in (dock) with another set of panels. For example, you could put them in with Layers, Channels, and Paths. Or you could put them below the Layers, Channels, and Paths part of the studio. That way they wouldn't stick out.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

On Windows, I have an X on any undocked (floating) panel which I can use to close that patricular studio panel, I can also just minimise a floating panel by clicking on that panel's name, not sure if MACs are different

panel.png

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

21 hours ago, carl123 said:

I can also just minimise a floating panel by clicking on that panel's name, not sure if MACs are different

On Macs, double-clicking minimizes, as @Hilltop mentioned. On Windows does single-clicking do that?

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1