You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Table Formats :: names not readable / covered by icons

In the panel "Table Formats" the UI appears a bit weird:

– The option "Show Names" is useless because the names are covered by the icons.
– With selected "Show Names" the icons seem to become vertically stretched and take more vertically space this way.
– In large size the icons seem slightly to overlap.

1334132098_tableformatspanel-1small.jpg.7e494e0443348bcd216dcc8687ff182d.jpg ... 1039700091_tableformatspanel-2smallNames.jpg.a04c4240c90703cfad11613b718f6be6.jpg ...

969485033_tableformatspanel-3large.jpg.5c177cda296453a983d011fb78e753d2.jpg ... 398469436_tableformatspanel-4largeNames.jpg.33b0bc193cc2aa528d90a8e001b40541.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The screenshots are taken from MacBook Pro 15.4" set to 1440 x 900 px . [native but not used: 1680 x 1050 px] – In AfPub this screen has panels only and the macOS / apps menu bar.
AfPub UI font size is set to large. Switching it to standard changes its size but not the position and overlapping.

• 2 weeks later...

When trying to create a small file from the affected document I run into a known issue with the new saved file: it's size stays at 33 MB, even with 1 page only and no content at all.
(I had reported and uploaded already but I haven't read a result yet)

To avoid to upload that large file again I created a new .afpub and copied/pasted two tables with these styles assigned.
It comes out that

• The new document shows an icon for the Default table style in normal look.
  • A new custom created format has a normal icon look, too.
  • The weird icon seems to be related to one specific table format only.

I also checked various .afpubs, those I created from scratch, some downloaded from the forum. Most of them have the Default table format only, some of them look to be fin, some look same weird. Therefore a attach a .zip (2 MB) with 3 .afpubs + screenshots with their icons. One .afpub is mine, the others are recently downloaded from the forum.

table format weird icons issue.zip