You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop Export

I'm having difficulty with the latest version, 1.7.1.404, not exporting all of the layers of my current illustrations in a Photoshop format.  I previously have exported the models in a Affinity Designer, import them in to Reallusion's CrazyTalk Animator to create a animation character.  I had considered the possibility that the problem could be either the organization of my layers or CrazyTalk Animator, but found through testing and careful inspection that the results were coming from Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.  

The "Capture" pic shows how the pupils are not transferred in the export to CrazyTalk Animator.  The "Capture2" pic is the display of the organization of the layers that are in Designer and are then exported to CrazyTalk Animator.  Attached is the Designer file used. 

16Demo.afdesign

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Staff

Thanks for the file pwihms,

I'll be honest that I'm not entirely sure what is happening when it is importing into their software (I had to use the Cartoon Animator 4 trial), as it was failing to import for me - infact his torso was invisible until I deleted the Artistic Text object and re-exported. However I've investigated the PSD using Photoshop and everything is being included in that, even resaving in Photoshop still doesn't solve the issue. Unfortunately I can't open and export from 1.6 to see that behaviour as it is a 1.7 format file.

It sounds to me as though the animation software is expecting something in specific format/position. How you tried posting on the Reallusion forums, as the users there will know that software far better than I do. It would also be helpful to give them a copy of your exported PSD as well.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help!

Thanks for making the effort. Typically, they have a set of turning off certain masked layers but would still allow them to get exported to CrazyTalk. Both programs had recent updates, but still was having difficulty.  I do seem to have it fixed now just by displaying the masked layers.  It doesn't follow the character creation process for importing psd files into CrazyTalk, but it works for now.