You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes Studio Missing Brush Icon

I'm using the latest release of Affinity Photo for iOS with the latest iOS software and just noticed that desktop version of Affinity includes an icon of the brush next to the line example, however, the same icon isn't included in the iOS version. Is this a bug? Is it by design? If by design can it be changed? I have a lot of stamp style brushes that I can't tell which one is which by looking at the line example. It really makes it hard for me to fully utilize Affinity Photo on the iPad. Thank you!

• Staff

Hey IAmDarthMole,

Oh, you mean the brush tip that sits above the pt size on the desktop versions? If so, we've put it on the context toolbar at the bottom of the screen on the iPad. I think this was probably a design choice due to the fixed width of the studio panels and limited space that's available. 

The downside of this is that you need to press the brush to see a preview of its tip so I can see why you've enquired. 

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey IAmDarthMole,

Oh, you mean the brush tip that sits above the pt size on the desktop versions? If so, we've put it on the context toolbar at the bottom of the screen on the iPad. I think this was probably a design choice due to the fixed width of the studio panels and limited space that's available. 

The downside of this is that you need to press the brush to see a preview of its tip so I can see why you've enquired. 

Hello and yes. I noticed the circle down at the bottom, and figured it had something to do with limited space. It would be nice to put as an option though, or perhaps a button that toggles the current brush view with a brush tip only view? Thank you!