You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File locations changed

Gek

I’m using IPad os public beta 2 and can no longer access files on cloud.  Designer returns the message: “the location Designer uses to save new documents to is no longer available. Choose a new location in Settings.” Designer then opens Settings but there’s no options to change locations. 

• Staff

Hi Gek,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums! 

Would you be able to get a screen recording that shows you generating the message please? There is an option in Designer Preferences > General called Default Save Location which changes where new documents are saved to by default - which is either 'iCloud Drive' or 'On My iPad'.

Hi Sean,

I’ve attached some screenshots of the message. What happens is if I hit “import from cloud” or “open from cloud” the message appears. When I hit change location, it takes me to general settings, which doesn’t allow such changes. When I hit “iCloud,” nothing happens at all. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Grant.

CCAD9F8E-3F8A-43A3-8506-4FF09745A92D.png

4786242A-8A4A-4362-B891-669A5F6D3253.png

85F43CFB-C4D6-468E-B106-B7E2727E540E.jpeg

• Staff

Thanks for the screenshots. I was able to reproduce after disabling iCloud Drive if that was the last thing visible. Had you removed any cloud storage applications from your iPad that was previously visible? If you click 'Use iCloud Drive' and then tap on Browse again it should bring you up a list of available storage options such as On My iPad and any cloud services you may be using.

Hi Sean,

thanks for the note. When I touch use iCloud, nothing happens. I just get the same message. I can force the program to close and restart but when I try to open or import from a cloud service, I get the same message. For what it’s worth, I’m using the Affinity beta version, and I don’t get the same error. It works just fine. Not sure what the differences are there, but thought it could be useful for you. One more fact that might help: I use OneDrive as my cloud service, and the OneDrive is managed by my employer. The connection between Affinity and OneDrive worked fine in v12 but when I loaded ipadOs13, that’s when the trouble began.