You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Etdronehome,
Publisher is letting you know that it thinks you have misspelled those words!
You can change if /when it should do this by going to Text > Spelling, in the Menu Bar.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

The red underlines show misspelled words when you have the option Text > Spelling > Check Spelling While Typing active.

You could turn that off, and the red lines would disappear. But then you would not be warned of real spelling errors. So, as an alternative, you can select that text, and in the Character studio panel, in the Language section, you can specify Spelling as None.

You could even create a Character Text Style set that way, that you could more easily assign to text that shouldn't be checked.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

But then you wuld not be warned of real spelling errors.

Oh, the irony! :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just run the spell checker and add the "misspelled" words into the dictionary

That way if, in the future, you ever accidentally misspell your email or website address you will see the red lines again and be immediately notified of your mistake 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

Just run the spell checker and add the "misspelled" words into the dictionary

That way if, in the future, you ever accidentally misspell your email or website address you will see the red lines again and be immediately notified of your mistake 

Except it doesn't work unfortunately. I reported it a long time back during an earlier beta but it's never been fixed. Neither Learn nor Ignore work.

17 minutes ago, haakoo said:

;)

Wow. Two errors in one post, and even Alfred missed that one :)

Thanks, haakoo.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Wow. Two errors in one post, and even Alfred missed that one :)

Well, I did actually notice, but not until after I had posted about the other one, so I decided not to rub salt in the wound by coming back and posting about it. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Never doubt Alfred.  :D 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.