You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

Hoping some one can explain whether something I want to achieve is doable having tried various wrap options. In PagePlusV9 I could set a text frame of two columns and insert a rectangle box into the frame and set the wrap setting for the box  so text flowed around it. I was then able to create a text frame in the centre of the box and add text. If I do this in Publisher the text will only go below the rectangle and I have tried various wrap settings without success. The only way I have found as a work round is to do the text frame first and set that as a wrap in the text then drop the rectangle in after sending it to the back Hope these screen grabs explain and I have attached the sample file

text box sample.afpub

text wrap 2.jpg

text wrap.jpg

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

You might try converting your rectangle to a Text Frame. With the rectangle selected, Layer > Convert to Text Frame (or right-click and choose Convert to Text Frame). Or you could click on the rectangle with the Frame Text Tool selected.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt, I will keep that option in mind, I was hoping I was doing something wrong and that it could be done the same way as PagePlus so that  i could play about with the fill of the rectangle detached from the text.

It works fine for a shape or picture until you apply wrap properties to it. I can see this being frustrating in magazine work where you have an offset picture wrapped in to the text and you want to overlay some text as an afterthought, as per the pictures below first without wrap setting and the second with wrap setting. Even trying to remove the wrap setting does not alter the way the text interacts. Maybe the mods have some thoughts on this

image.png.08c1623ace681f87a94a12687ada048a.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

In that last example its unclear to me what you have applied the wrap settings to.

Perhaps if you provided a sample .afpub file demonstrating your problem it would help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1