You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studio not displaying items

When I go to View > Studio and select certain items they do not open in the far right hand window panel.
Has been working but suddenly stopped, not sure if I did something wrong or if it's a bug.
In the attached screenshot the ticked items (and others) don't display. Hopefully I'm missing something simple!

MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 

STUDIO2.thumb.jpg.c6d1e0fec403e363515eeed619e1a767.jpg

Try the Reset Studio at the bottom. I think you may have moved the 

CHARACTER

PARAGRAPH

LAYERS

STYLES

panels off the screen and so they are reappearing off the screen. Computers can be very stupid about stuff we want them to do.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Try the Reset Studio at the bottom.

Thank you. That fixed it! I must have used Hide Studio as a wrong keyboard shortcut or something.

Cant believe I missed the Reset, its staring me in the face on the screenshot above! :(

On 7/13/2019 at 9:44 AM, mswift said:

Has been working but suddenly stopped, not sure if I did something wrong or if it's a bug.

I experience on a Mac lost panels about once a week, depending on the amount of switching between apps or personas. It seems to be caused by these factors:

– using two monitors
[– using macOS Spaces (~ different "desktops" for various apps)]
[– switching Affinity "Personas"]
[– using "Separate Mode"]

Only the "two monitors" needs to be true to confuse panel settings, the 3 others seem to make it "just" happen more often or to make it worse. Some of the disappeared panels seem to be outside of the screens area and can called back on screen by toggling them on/off: then I see them jumping in from the right edge.

When it happens on Persona switch then it happens only when I come back to the initial persona but not when I went to the other persona before.

When I use "Separate Mode" even the Main Toolbar gets lost. Unfortunately it moves below the edge of the lower of the two screens and can not get back by toggling on/off – but I can make it appear using "Customize Toolbar...": it jumps up and I need to alter a setting to make it stay at its place after closing its options window. Then I can move it back to its position on the upper, external, monitor.

When using "Separate Mode" any new opened document does not appear at its large free space on the external monitor but always behind all panels on the smaller laptop screen below (which has the system menu bar). Then most often "Toogle UI" does not react and I need to manually move the panels aside to get access to the document window to move it at its position on the other monitor. If I have already a document opened on the 2nd screen and open another document then "Merge All Windows" makes the existing window jump to the newly opened and makes both hidden behind the panels (instead moving the new to the existing).

Unfortunately there is no ability yet to save window and panel positions. When I close the app in cases of such confusions it reopens with the confused appearance, so the auto-save of window settings does not help in such cases.

That makes me think their definitely is a bug in window and panel management – at least when using two monitors.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The plot thickens.

If it is a bug hopefully it will be fixed before 1. The new MacOS and 2. The iPad version. I will be looking forward to using the entire suite on my iPad as a second monitor but not if the issues you described persist!