You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color tab resizes studio spacing?

Hello,

I apologize in advance for not knowing what I'm doing. I'm a fairly novice user of Affinity and a first time poster to this forum. 

The issue is that when I switch to the color tab in the studio it shrinks down the the size of that section (i'm sorry, I really don't know what to call the different areas). Hopefully these pictures will explain the issue better.

1.png shows the Effects tab open in the studio

2.png shows what happens when I then click on the Color tab. Notice that the height of that section has now shrunk.

3.png shows what happens after switch back to the Effects tab. The section retains the height the Color tab.

I guess you can see  that why this is a pain is because I have to constantly readjust the height of that section to more easily access the options in each tab.

Am I just being stupid? Is there something I'm not understanding? Does this count as a bug? Has this issue already been raised? Again, I apologize for knowing so little.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Unfortunately, this is normal behavior.  It is not a bug, but it is annoying at times.

I would suggest trying to arrange your panels in such a way that the change in size does not cause a significant impact to the way you work.

This could stand to be improved.

@jesse: Unless you’re keen on attracting the attention of spammers I strongly recommend changing your username to something other than an email address. To change it, go to your Account Settings page and click on the ‘Display Name’ link.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)