You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with using two monitors

Yes, on my desktop PC (Windows 10), I have two monitors, the bigger for the image and Affinity Photo on the smaller.  For the greater part of the time, all is fine and works well.

However, although the main program and the most used panels, such as layers, history, colour, etc are there, quite often when I use something like a 

filter or the warp mesh tool it opens on the bigger monitor and behind the image.  To fix this, I minimise the image and drag the panel over to the smaller monitor.  It is a pain when I

have to do this several times for each editing session.  Is there any way to have all fresh panels open on the smaller monitor please?

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

On 7/13/2019 at 7:48 AM, Jaffa said:

Yes, on my desktop PC (Windows 10), I have two monitors, the bigger for the image and Affinity Photo on the smaller.  For the greater part of the time, all is fine and works well.

However, although the main program and the most used panels, such as layers, history, colour, etc are there, quite often when I use something like a 

filter or the warp mesh tool it opens on the bigger monitor and behind the image.  To fix this, I minimise the image and drag the panel over to the smaller monitor.  It is a pain when I

have to do this several times for each editing session.  Is there any way to have all fresh panels open on the smaller monitor please?

Couple the panels on the right. then you can open them in the panel bar and shouldn't cause problems. If you drags panels out of the panels bar then this might happen.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:31 AM, Tourmaline said:

Couple the panels on the right. then you can open them in the panel bar and shouldn't cause problems. If you drags panels out of the panels bar then this might happen.

I do have them separately on the left screen for easier working.  However, I will try what you suggest and merge them when I finish, Tourmaline!

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology