You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Can you confirm the OS you're using and the spec of your system.

Where are you saving to, locally or to an external drive or networked location? When the app is crashing during Pasting, what is being pasted and where was it copied from?

Hi—

Mac OS, 10.14.5. 2015 MacBook Air, 2.2Ghz Core I7, 8GB ram, 256GB storage.

Initial failure was trying to save  30.1 MB afpub file; 99.5% text with some small vector embeds. Was working fine, until it suddenly wasn't. All saves to my internal SSD, no external saving. 

Pasting crash was from trying to move a text box from the original document to a new, smaller afpub file (ended up recreating the book as individual chapter files, rather than one long one.)

Also, had three random crashes yesterday, from no discernible action, when using smaller files. The only pattern was that I had two afpub files open at each time it crashed.

Thanks for the help.

pf

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 2:09 AM, Lee D said:

Can you confirm the OS you're using and the spec of your system.

Where are you saving to, locally or to an external drive or networked location? When the app is crashing during Pasting, what is being pasted and where was it copied from?

Still there?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue - Dell XPS13, Windows 10, i7, 16GB Ram, saving to local SSD, happens a lot after I've moved an image. Go to save and Publisher just hangs. The save issueseems to be tied to the anchoring of images with text and moving them.

Also Publisher suddenly quits when selecting blocks of text *a lot*.

It's frustrating - especially with the saving issue as I'm being forced to make a change, save, make a change, save etc and on a 170+ page book that's an issue.

FYI it's happened 12 times this morning. I love the program, I really do, but it's a bit frustrating. Happy to share a log (if there is one and someone can tell me where to locate it)

Annotation 2019-08-09 104458.jpg

Edited by GunnarRoxen
Added screenshot to help identify issue

• 9 months later...

Same problem.... Mac Book Pro, OS Catalina 10.15.3

It often crashes as I drag and drop a Master Page to chance the order. Since this happened first time it's not possible to save either. I saved several times locally and didn't change anything, but now it's not working anymore.

It would be awesome if you could help.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@xa za

Bienvenue sur les forums d'Affinity Serif :) 

I have just found your forum account "awaiting email confirmation" which had not been provided by you, so this post was hidden. I have manually approved it for you.

> Je viens de trouver votre compte de forum "en attente de confirmation par e-mail" qui n'avait pas été fourni par vous, donc ce message a été masqué. Je l'ai approuvé manuellement pour vous.

Please can you post a new thread in this forum and describe the steps you are taking and we can further assist, as you have not really said when this happens

> Pouvez-vous publier un nouveau fil de discussion dans ce forum et décrire les étapes que vous prenez et nous pouvons vous aider davantage, comme vous ne l'avez pas vraiment dit lorsque cela se produit

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon