You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PLEASE HELP - The colors in Aff Des are off and I can't resolve.

Blue appears Green in AD. Mockup is Blue, on right,

Here's what I'm doing:

1. I download the mockup file and open mockup in AD,.

2. Use dropper to get color sample, write down the color #s

3. Doubleclick color swatch in another AD File to set color #'s to new file. But color is nowhere near blue, very green.

image.thumb.png.1968fbc23ea74c330e2aa9715fe98db2.png

Even when I open mockup in AD, it's green

image.thumb.png.ce0f1a4b0b027bd718c44217e7a87b3b.png

Navy appear dark gray in AD

image.thumb.png.bd586b059a61391f45d3ef639b2d7d6c.png

Dark Gray is appearing VERY dark green in AD

image.thumb.png.ac1ed37d4fb9a0939f98f353d8dc6b8e.png

White tshirt (on the right below) not matching in AD. White is off-white

image.thumb.png.2d2f4ed97ebd7c476a9804922159c949.png

I have uploaded mockup files to this post for samples. I am set to sRGB in doc settings

image.png.3fdd1de1b077682eb9b9caef88083684.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

mockup-03fe88ad.jpg

mockup-9f9e5490.jpg

mockup-bb0f108f.jpg

mockup-e2289e30.jpg

mockup-f88c9484.jpg

Your colours are way out the background to the t-shirts mock-ups is white, your background is yellow!

What are your colour settings in references Preferences (Please be aware an oopsification occurred here shortly after 9am today)

These are mine
Screen-Shot-2019-07-13-at-08-33-01.png

This is the result of a 3x3 colour picker test
Screen-Shot-2019-07-13-at-08-35-37.png

Have you checked your monitor is set correctly?

How do other apps display these images, do they have a similar cast?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Your colours are way out the background to the t-shirts mock-ups is white, your background is yellow!

This is a common problem with monitor profiles which extend beyond the standard RGB gamut. Changing the colour profile to 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' should resolve the issue.

What are your colour settings in references?

*Preferences

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

In deference to your reference to the misspelling of preference I can confirm the severance of my brain from fingers. :P

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

@BlueSquirrel - go to Colour Management in Windows. What is your monitor colour profile set to? Changing it to sRGB would likely fix the issue, though it would be useful to have a copy of your monitor's ICC profile so that we can test with it.

I don't think it's my monitor. In looking at the images everywhere else, on Chrome, in Win Explorer, on this thread, they look accurate. Blue looks blue and white looks white. It's only in AD that white is off-white and blue is green and dark blue is gray....so weird.

These are my color profiles in Win:

image.png

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

This is a common problem with monitor profiles which extend beyond the standard RGB gamut. Changing the colour profile to 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1' should resolve the issue.

*Preferences

Appears I'm already set to that? The colors are only showing wrong within Affinity. They look correct everywhere else.

image.png.1f21334ba5650950aabaf76960e985b0.png

3 hours ago, BlueSquirrel said:

I don't think it's my monitor. In looking at the images everywhere else, on Chrome, in Win Explorer, on this thread, they look accurate. Blue looks blue and white looks white. It's only in AD that white is off-white and blue is green and dark blue is gray....so weird.

That's because we do document to screen colour conversion - and the other apps you mentioned don't.

From a further post I can see a Samsung ICC profile in the list, we've seen problems with Samsung ICC profiles previously. Could you show a screenshot of the first tab in that window (the "Devices" tab)? Also, could you attach the Samsung ICC profile to this thread? It's probably located at C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\SM223BW.icm

Follow the 7 instructions in step 6 of this post, restart Designer and recheck the colours

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/91411-100-red-in-document-and-color-picker-looks-orange/&do=findComment&comment=485651

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

14 hours ago, BlueSquirrel said:

Mark - yes, here's Devices tab. I couldn't figure out how to attach icc profile. I found it in the folder you advised but when clicked on it to open nothing happened. When I right click, I get option to install as well as other choices?? See image below.

IMO, what they mean is just drag that file (not hit "install") to a new forum post (to the bottom area of the post where says "drag files here to attach") here, or hit "choose files" in the post to attach that file, then browse to the folder where your profiles are (a fast tip: just copy and paste the folder direction from the folder where you did find the profile). Dragging is easier though.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Mark Ingram said:

That's because we do document to screen colour conversion - and the other apps you mentioned don't.

From a further post I can see a Samsung ICC profile in the list, we've seen problems with Samsung ICC profiles previously. Could you show a screenshot of the first tab in that window (the "Devices" tab)? Also, could you attach the Samsung ICC profile to this thread? It's probably located at C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\SM223BW.icm

Here's that flie:SM223BW.icm

On 7/14/2019 at 8:58 PM, carl123 said:

Follow the 7 instructions in step 6 of this post, restart Designer and recheck the colours

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/91411-100-red-in-document-and-color-picker-looks-orange/&do=findComment&comment=485651

Carl123! you did it! the generic profiled made white be white and blue be blue! So should I just leave the generic as my default monitor setting now?

6 hours ago, BlueSquirrel said:

Carl123! you did it! the generic profiled made white be white and blue be blue! So should I just leave the generic as my default monitor setting now?

sRGB is normally fine for a monitor profile. We have seen several problems with Samsung ICC profiles. Glad you're sorted, and thanks for uploading the profile.