You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Beta Corrupted my iCloud Drive (RESOLVED)

I've got another long thread about how I initially thought the Affinity Publisher Beta might've screwed up my iCloud Drive based on it's iCloud Publisher folder saying "Beta"' on it even after I installed the purchased public version. Even after deleting the Beta version.

The other thread outlines the nightmare I've been in ever since the launch day for Publisher. I've been trying everything I could find to fix it and have accidentally lost a lot of data in the process.

Now... finally... I've got it working again. I used a program called Funter to find the hidden files. I deleted my public/purchased Publisher too in order to once again start over. 

When I used Funter to find any hidden files related to affinity publisher, it returned nearly a dozen hidden beta files. Some of them had to do with iCloud. I deleted almost all of them and what do you know? My iCloud Drive sync now works! So, it WAS the freakin' Publisher beta as I originally suspected. 

The only problem now is that Funter still shows 2 hidden affinity publisher folder files in the Mobile Docs folder. One says it's the affinitypublisherbeta icloud folder for "icloud beta). Both of them have to do with iCloud but I can't delete them. I get an Error -50 when I try. See attached images. Can anyone at Affinity, or anyone else... tell me how I can get rid of these last two hidden files? Some kind of forced delete? When I go directly to the Library/Mobile Documents folder and show hidden documents... I don't see the folders there. But Funter is showing they're indeed still there.

Edited by skiphunt

I'm posting these updates through this icloud drive nightmare here, because it's certainly related to the Affinity Publisher Beta. And, I thought I'd update my progress in case anyone else runs across this extremely aggravating scenario. 

This is the last time I think I'll ever participate in a public beta of any program. I think I'll leave it to those who don't mind the potential 3 week troubleshooting nightmare you might encounter. ;) 

Anyway...

I think I've finally figured out how to remove these last two stubborn and hidden Publisher folders (both iCloud related). 

I couldn't delete them, but I was able to move them to the desktop. Even after deleting them they'd reform themselves in the Mobile Documents folder (icloud drive data).

So, I signed out of my Apple ID and finally ALL of my iCloud docs were saved. Before, only half of them would save before it would hang. Now it's working. 

After I was completely signed out and backed up. THEN, I moved the hidden Affinity Publisher icloud folders (one of them left over from the beta) to the desktop. Then I was able to delete and they appear to be finally gone. 

Before this, and what finally returned my iCloud to syncing and full functionality... was deleting a little over half a dozen hidden files related to the Publisher beta app that had already been deleted. The program "Funter" allowed me to find them all and ultimately get rid of them. It's free and finally saved the day: https://nektony.com

• 7 months later...

Hi, this solution didn't help me. The result is that on two macbooks it looks to be the name Affinity Publisher. Unfortunately from web icloud folders are copied to it but not from macbook to icloud. Endless sending. The iOs device in the files has an icloud folder called Affinity Publisher Beta. I bought Publisher and I can't even use it with icloud. It's embarrassing and frustrating. I also tried a complete reinstal macbook but nothing. Just the system is weeded by Beta information.

I disconnected iclouddrive from all devices and reconnected gradually.

Any Help?

187748414_Snimek0Aobrazovky2020-03-03v11_19_46.png.27c76a9ac7b88f6d0e8cee733b2928f9.png

520126935_Snimekobrazovky2020-03-03v11_17_32.png.af456d75835c770d60d8cb260bd63877.png