You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Why is one text field not visible

This was created in AD 1.7.1  It has 2 text fields one stating "100" and another stating "50".   Why is the "50" text not visible?  Color, size, visibility, position, stroke, etc. do not affect it.  Anyone have an idea what is causing the 50 to be invisible?  In the node tool the outline is visible but that's about the only way to make it somewhat visible.

test50.afdesign

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

11 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

This was created in AD 1.7.1  It has 2 text fields one stating "100" and another stating "50".   Why is the "50" text not visible?  Color, size, visibility, position, stroke, etc. do not affect it.  Anyone have an idea what is causing the 50 to be invisible?  In the node tool the outline is visible but that's about the only way to make it somewhat visible.

I think you had a bad setting for the Style [No Style] select the text with 100 and use that as a base for saving defaults. Try Edit > Defaults > Revert. If that doesn't work then choose Factory Reset from the same menu. This is while you have the "50" selected.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Bruce, but both show they have No Style.  Which I have been told many times by my wife, but I digress.  I know if I copy the style from the 100 to the 50 it then works.  So you think it was just a fluke?  This was the first text field I created today, other days they all worked fine.

A curiosity indeed!
I just tried your document and found this only happens with the Artistic Text tool. And only in this document. It works fine in any other document I make.
Even set to ‘No Style’ the Artistic Text should still  be visible.
Something is preventing the Artistic Text tool from working properly here.
Try starting a new document, dose it persist?

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Mark, in a new document text seems to be working.  But if I copy any fields from the original document that aren't visible then they aren't visible in the new document.  In my original document after a half dozen fields not visible I ended up doing the Defaults>Factory Reset suggested by Bruce and now it seems to be working fine.