eobet

Erratic behavior when zoomed in + second view

I am designing a 24x24 pixel icon, and for optimal workflow I want a 1500-3000% zoomed window AND a 100% zoomed window.

I was very happy that Affinity seems to support this, AND update both windows in real-time! Super well made, and absolutely awesome!

However, the selection behavior suddenly becomes extremely strange an erratic. It actually seems as if the zoomed window has proportionally the selection size of the small window, in that I can click way off an object, and it will still get selected, and resizing handles will be active way, way outside of the highlighted object, and snapping  (which I didn't think I had turned on) goes across great distances.

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug?

Can someone move this to the bug forums please, because I'm starting to think this is more a bug than something I did wrong...

It seems to be in the Bugs forum, @eobet. Possibly a passing moderator moved it; I don't recall where it was when you originally posted it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Hi eobet,

Does this happen for you on a new document? Would you be able to attach your file that demonstrates this please? I've just tried a quick test on a new document and it seemed to be behaving. 

Is there anything you're doing prior to this that maybe causing this? I've noticed the screen size of Designer seems very small - what resolution is your Windows set to and what Display DPI?

Thanks!

Hello, and thank you for the reply!

I couldn't actually recreate this in a new document.

However, this is the file that has the issue, and I am able to recreate it even on a second machine running 1440p:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llbewi4ebqo0ak3/RhinoRandomColorIcon.afdesign?dl=0

(The video is low resolution due to my capture software only wanting to capture a part of my screen on that machine, which was 1080p.)