You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working on a list in Frame tool

While typing the info and when I Get to the next line that is opposite the red triangle I hit it instead of the line and the tool bars crash. I get Hide Studio, loose Content Toolbar and loose Show Tool bar and have to reset them. After crashing the tool bars a few times I now watch the red triangle when I enter info on the line near it. First time it took me a few minutes to know where the tool bars where. The no tools screen and really scare you when you think you might have lost your data.

Just wanted you to know so hopefully you can fix it. C

7 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

I had to read this several times, but I give up...

I’m glad I’m not the only one! The reference to “Content Toolbar” should probably read “Context Toolbar”, and “loose” is obviously meant to be “lose”, but figuring out those little things wasn’t enough to let me make sense of the rest of the post. I haven’t the foggiest idea what “crashing the tool bars” might mean.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, I meant Context Toolbar, typo. I was in the Frame text tool and had some text beyond the frame so there was a red triangle in the upper left and lower right. The screen blinks and then you see the text but not the tools. No data is lost but it took me some time to restore the tools as I had not learned where they were located.

Had a friend look at the problem and he found I had clicked out of my text box. Then I hit the tab key which does "Toggle UI". So, all of the tools vanished and I had to put them back one by one. (If it happens again, I'll just hit tab and toggle the tools back on.)

The moral of the story is "Don't type, when you're not in a text box.". All sorts of strange and wonderful things happen.