You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Okay, I have posts in 1.7.1 forum, 1.7.2.420 forum, and now 1.7.2.422. Crash reports and video drops can be provided, but for now I'll just say all three versions crash. One of our more advanced partners, Pauls, pointed me in the direction of fonts and I appreciate that advice greatly. In truth, my fonts were extremely cluttered and showing duplicates. Last night, I did a complete font restore, removing all but the Mojave system fonts, plus added in two fonts intended for work, Palatino and Weiss-Bold. Cleared out font caches and databases to ensure all was running smoothly. While I was at it, booted into recovery mode and ran disk utility. In other words, without testing Publisher for failure, I paid attention to my own system.

When I saw on the forums that a .422 beta build was available, I downloaded and tried that (uninstalled .420 beta build, kept official release). Sorry to say that .422 beta build crashed on me in the manner of my other crashes.

Yes, my intuition and educated guess tells me the culprit may be something on my system that is causing the crashes. Not sure how as I've streamlined, fixed, repaired, cajoled and willed my iMac into submissive and appropriate behavior. For now, I am unaware of anything else I could possibly do to alter my machine.

Understand that fixing the bugs that a lot of other folks are having is paramount in the scheme of things. Many can be fixed by mere explanation, minor bug fixes, deft workarounds. Have a feeling my remedy, although it could turn out to be something relatively minor, may take additional time. Hoping the developers are able to devote some time to my issue once things calm down.

In the interim, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

UPDATE: Attaching document and a crash report on the .422 beta build. Document was blank slate, plus had reset the program prior to doc creation. Actions at the time of crash: edited body para style; changed font, font size, tracking, kerning, spacing. Clicked okay and about 7-10 seconds later, whoosh. On this same document, tried to insert page number fields. # sign went away, now have blank text box. Cleared, then reapplied master A. No changes. If crashes were built in, program runs great. Wish I could provide more details, but...

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-07-12-165703_iMacUp.crash

Bios and Farewells.afpub

Edited by Wolf Wallis
Update and upload of crash report and document

iMac (late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5, Running Affinity Photo, Publisher. Running Adobe CS5.5 on external disk with Mavericks...when the bugs abate in Publisher, last line not needed.

New crash report. Was unable to save the doc before it crashed, but there is a video of the event to go along with the latest crash report.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-07-15-224123_iMacUp.crash

iMac (late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5, Running Affinity Photo, Publisher. Running Adobe CS5.5 on external disk with Mavericks...when the bugs abate in Publisher, last line not needed.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.