You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo has stopped saving

This is the error I'm getting. I also occassionaly get some message I don;t understand and can;' replicate that I think mentions something external is trying to write to disk and has been blocked...

been trying to fix this for days, forum doens;t seem to help - getting desperate to be able to work on a project...

Screenshot (65).png

• Staff

Can you try the following to add Photo as an allowed app and then try saving again. I assume that saving locally to another location or the desktop is unaffected.

Type Windows Security into the search field on the taskbar then > Firewall & network protection. Now select Allow an app through the firewall, then on the Allowed application window select Change Settings > Allow another app > Browse. Now browse to C:\Program Files>Affinity>Photo, select the Photo.exe and click Open and then Add and OK, close the other windows.

So I'll keep searching, but hitting the same problem I had before.

I don;t seem to have an Affinity folder in the location you suggest, and I come up with nothing when searching for a folder called Affinity, or serif. 

I just deleted and re-downloaded the app from Windows Store, and could not tell where it was saved. I'm kind of at a loss at where to look/ where it may be stored, or what the folder may be called. 

Update: Not in program files, but I have found an affinity folder, and a serifeuropeltd folder elsewhere  - but neither contain a photo.exe and a search for that across the computer also comes up with nothing.. although the app does open so I do have it installed...

See my below posts from last year:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/62259-cannot-save-files/&tab=comments#comment-323174

Or the shorter version:

If you're running Windows 10 1809 onwards (the below screenshots are from 1903, so may be slightly different), either click the Windows Notification Centre message that appears in the bottom-right corner when something has been blocked by Controlled Folder Access—which will take you directly to the Windows Security settings.  Or go to [Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Ransomware Protection > Block History], which will take you to the same place. You can then select ‘Allow on device’ under the ‘Actions’ drop-down menu. 

002.thumb.png.aa09f56c03035a646e4fb19e29ee4312.png

Alternatively, you can go to [Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Ransomware Protection > Allow an app through controlled folder access > Add an allowed app > Recently blocked apps].  You can then add an allowed app from the list.

003.thumb.png.54d41ab43c73d60057acca97d86f6363.png

OK, last update.

1. the information you gave me was incorrect. I said it was downloaded from the Microsoft Store. having spent 90 minutes on the help line fixing this, I was told this would have been downloaded directly to the store app - and i would have ZERO access to photo.exe to do the fix you suggested

2. the actual fix as an FYI was created by a clash with the anti-ransomware/ controlled folder access and the fix was to switch off the anti-ransomwear protection via the toggle in that part of windows defender