You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying images from clipboard

If I set up a document to be "Prefer linked", then pasting multiple saved images from the clipboard can cause issues. I sometimes (not always) get a message saying the link has changed. Images pasted from the clipboard should really be always embedded I think. At the moment, when the image is pasted it seems to be establishing a link between the clipboard and the image and its not happy when that clipboard source is changed. I know the linking and embedding feature is a work in progress so hopefully this can be improved.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• 3 weeks later...

I've saved some google images (right click, copy) and this is what I get. I have just repeated the process and all the images were embedded so it seems to be in intermittent problem.

image.png.ddbc64f30714e2c15c2c9832d543a861.png

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

I'm interested in what makes it intermittent, from what I can see so far they always come in as embedded tiffs from the clipboard. Do you have a clipboard manager or anything similar?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.