You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Lockup

Yet another 1.7.1 bug to report. When exporting I get endless spin wheel on some photos and it wont show the file size or enable the export button. Scaling long edge down to 3350 px was a work around, as was disabling some layers/adjustments. Neither are ideal. 

6D291A19-4E34-48CE-AA2F-CD80BA10AD03.png

If you want to upload the .afphoto file, I will test it with the 1.7.2 beta version. Alternatively you can request the beta and test it out yourself. The beta installs as a separate app and most of the reported bugs seem to have been addressed. :)

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, DM1 said:

If you want to upload the .afphoto file, I will test it with the 1.7.2 beta version. Alternatively you can request the beta and test it out yourself. The beta installs as a separate app and most of the reported bugs seem to have been addressed. :)

I moved the file over to the beta and it was indeed a workaround. Still a little slow to generate the export but it did work.

For the admins... back to frequency separation. The bugs I’m getting there are: slow/laggy brush performance as usual, inpainting/healing/cloning doesnt work on high frequencies sometimes, and when I sample skin tones for low frequency the colors i sample end up being super blown out and not accurate. For example i sampled a skin tone from a womans face and it was bright orange when I started painting rather than a neutral skin color. 

• Staff

Hey swenpaylay,

As DM1 said, many of the issues should have been fixed in the beta. Any outstanding or new issues should ideally be reported in their own thread so we can investigate. We would also appreciate as much info as possible (screenshots, videos, files etc.) as this will help the developers diagnose and fix the issues.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:17 PM, swenpaylay said:

For the admins... back to frequency separation. The bugs I’m getting there are: slow/laggy brush performance as usual, inpainting/healing/cloning doesnt work on high frequencies sometimes, and when I sample skin tones for low frequency the colors i sample end up being super blown out and not accurate. For example i sampled a skin tone from a womans face and it was bright orange when I started painting rather than a neutral skin color. 

Could you provide sample files for these issues?