Sign in to follow this  
AiDon

CR3 Support for AP on Windows

Hi,

Any progress with Canon CR3 support in Affinity Photo on Windows as it has now been 18 months since the format appeared as I believe there are now 6 cameras using this RAW format?

don.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

8 hours ago, AiDon said:

Hi,

Any progress with Canon CR3 support in Affinity Photo on Windows as it has now been 18 months since the format appeared as I believe there are now 6 cameras using this RAW format?

don.

Its something we still don't support I'm afraid however we try to improve RAW support as much as possible with each update.

C

Thank you ...

2 hours ago, Alexandre Swioklo said:

Any date predictions, or will we have to migrate to other software?

In the interim you can either use DPP to create TIF images for use in Affinity or Adobe DNG Converter to create DNG files to use in Affinity.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:11 PM, AiDon said:

In the interim you can either use DPP to create TIF images for use in Affinity or Adobe DNG Converter to create DNG files to use in Affinity.

You are making me repeat myself. Any date predictions, or will we have to migrate to other software?

23 minutes ago, Alexandre Swioklo said:

You are making me repeat myself. Any date predictions, or will we have to migrate to other software?

As AiDon said, you need to use other software to develop those raw images.

Serif generally does not provide estimates of when some future feature might appear, and I'm sure that estimates are even less likely to be offered when Serif is dependent on someone else making a change to software that is outside Serif's control.

You might also be interested in this post and subsequent ones in a parallel thread, if you haven't seen it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta