You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is the third iteration of this problem. I now include screen shots that should define the problem better.

I am shooting a Sony A7iii for both jpeg and raw. For this problem I just shot two photos in the garden using "Auto" mode. I loaded the raw version of photo _9803 into Affinity (Windows 10) and the image Screenshot(2) came up in Develop window. Without making any adjustments I pressed "Develop" and the photo was transformed to Screenshot(3) which was in the range of what I wanted but I did not make any fine adjustments. Next I loaded the raw version of photo_9802 and Screenshot(4) came up. I made a number of changes trying to get the image to look as I wanted. The exposure was increased to + 0.7. The brightness was increased + 10%. The vibrance was increased + 5%. Using Shadows and Highlights, the shadows were increased 25%. These were the only adjustments that seemed to have a positive effect, but certainly was not an acceptable image. See Screenshot(5). I then developed this image and got Screenshot(6) which was awful.

The net result is that I cannot use the Develop module to get a satisfactory photo since I upgraded to version 1.7. My only recourse seems to be to try to re-install the previous version or switch to a different program. I would appreciate any help I can get. For now I am using overlays, etc. to handle critical photos. This is using a great deal of extra time I don't have.

_DFA9802.ARW

_DFA9803.ARW

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

• Staff

Hi JDEV,

Can you check the 32-bit Preview panel when your in Develop and let me know if anything is enabled on that panel?  If so, try disabling everything on that panel (unless you have a HDR monitor) and setting to the Display Transform to ICC Managed.  You should see the image get brighter in Develop and then any changes you make to the sliders will be shown when you press develop.  

Also, instead of starting new threads on the same issue, if you could stick to one thread, it makes it easier to keep track of and @walt.farrell was on the right path with his reply on this thread :) 

Thanks for your interest:

I checked the 32-bit preview panel and nothing appears enabled. The exposure is set to 0 and Gamma is set to 1. The Display Transform is set to ICC Display Transform.

Shortly before I updated to version 1.7 I had gone on an Osprey shoot. I meant to set the camera to shutter priority and ISO auto with max ISO set to 8000. Confused with the settings I mistakenly set the ISO to 8000. I took a number of shots with ISO 8000 and shutter speed to 1/8000. These were developed around the time I upgraded to version 1.7. Could these extreme settings have caused the program to get out of kelter?