You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mariánské Lázně / trolleybus and bus / complete system diagram

transitdiagrams

Hi - it's me again :-)

I do transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is another one I was working on the past days and have updated just now:

• It's my totally unofficial transit map showing the complete bus and trolleybus network of city of Mariánské Lázně (Marienbad), Czech Rebuplic.
  • The trolleybus replaced the streetcar network in the early 1950s.

maria2.thumb.png.3ea1e048c70399e223a43d439278e5f8.png

Feedback, corrections, input is always appreciated.

Have a nice Thursday night =)
Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Mariánské Lázně really caught my eye but I expected the author to be Czech. =)

One minor Czech correction: only the first word in titles should start with an uppercase letter so "Schéma Linek" should be "Schéma linek". (Or maybe "Dopravní schéma" or "Orientační plán".)

Edit: I did not know of existence of Velká Hleďsebe (Groß Siehdichfür) and it's a rather funny name. The English translation would be Great Lookatyourself (i.e. Mindyourownbusiness).

Edited by Gunny
adding stuff

5 hours ago, Gunny said:

Mariánské Lázně really caught my eye but I expected the author to be Czech. =)

One minor Czech correction: only the first word in titles should start with an uppercase letter so "Schéma Linek" should be "Schéma linek". (Or maybe "Dopravní schéma" or "Orientační plán".)

Edit: I did not know of existence of Velká Hleďsebe (Groß Siehdichfür) and it's a rather funny name. The English translation would be Great Lookatyourself (i.e. Mindyourownbusiness).

Well, I am Austrian so from the neighborhood kind of hehe actually a Czech guy asked me on my Instagram and I was motivated after reading a little bit about Marienbad (had only heard the German name of it several times in the past) :-)

Thanks for the correction. That's easy to adapt. 

And about this funny name - even in German it's a crazy name. Who would name a village like this? There are funny names out in Austria too but this one tops it all XD

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

6 hours ago, Wosven said:

Really nice, as usual.

Thank you so much  :-) I try my best. 

Lovely stuff yet again.

It looks a bit like someone sitting on a chair using their laptop (but don’t ask me what would be going on at Panska pole in that situation).

One concern I had was that if I wanted to go from, say, Chebska to Cristal, I would have to go all the way round the top and come back on myself. That seemed unusual until I went to Google Street-view and saw how the roads were arranged.

Some further concerns were with the triangles. The first of these was at Skola (bottom-right) where the triangle ‘over-cuts’ the line next to it. (A tiny thing that I just happened to spot.) The other was that I don’t understand why some triangles have a white outline and some have a dark outline, e.g. at City service. Is there a specific meaning to the different coloured outlines?

One question I have is: “What font are you using for the ‘normal’ stations: Cristal; Knihovna; etc?” It’s very clear and readable.

Actually, one more thing, looking at the “i” in Knihovna and the “i” in Koliba (a little above Knihovna) it seems like the dot on one has been rendered as round and the other as square, at least as far as I can see. Could this be a problem with the export?

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Sheffield Tramway next, perhaps? :/

Is this an official request? Or more like an order? I guess I can fullfil that soon. Maybe even sooner :12_slight_smile:

8 hours ago, MattP said:

I really do enjoy seeing your transit maps! Great work again! :)

Thank you so much :11_blush: I am really really grateful!

So, I shall keep posting more of them :-)

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Lovely stuff yet again.

It looks a bit like someone sitting on a chair using their laptop (but don’t ask me what would be going on at Panska pole in that situation).

Thanks you :-)

What might go on at Panska pole?

One concern I had was that if I wanted to go from, say, Chebska to Cristal, I would have to go all the way round the top and come back on myself. That seemed unusual until I went to Google Street-view and saw how the roads were arranged.

Just get out one stop before :-)

Some further concerns were with the triangles. The first of these was at Skola (bottom-right) where the triangle ‘over-cuts’ the line next to it. (A tiny thing that I just happened to spot.) The other was that I don’t understand why some triangles have a white outline and some have a dark outline, e.g. at City service. Is there a specific meaning to the different coloured outlines?

The white outlined ones indicate terminal stations. In general all those arrows indicate the direction of service too.

One question I have is: “What font are you using for the ‘normal’ stations: Cristal; Knihovna; etc?” It’s very clear and readable.

In the while Diagramm i am using a font family called "Rubik".

Actually, one more thing, looking at the “i” in Knihovna and the “i” in Koliba (a little above Knihovna) it seems like the dot on one has been rendered as round and the other as square, at least as far as I can see. Could this be a problem with the export?

Should be rectangular in all instances. Might be due to compression and resolution.

Hope that answers all your questions and concerns for now :-)

31 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

Is this an official request? Or more like an order?

LOL. Neither, Chris! It’s just that I was born in Sheffield (long before the tramway existed) and I was replying to @MattP who I happen know is an alumnus of Sheffield University.

31 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

I guess I can fullfil that soon. Maybe even sooner :12_slight_smile:

As always, I’d love to see what you come up with. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

LOL. Neither, Chris! It’s just that I was born in Sheffield (long before the tramway existed) and I was replying to @MattP who I happen know is an alumnus of Sheffield University.

As always, I’d love to see what you come up with. :)

Ahhh that's the background :-)  I guess I'll have to do a Sheffield tram map this weekend then! You shall have my interpretation in the next days!

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

Until I saw your Instagram page I had never seen maps done in "Dark View" before.

I think only a few official maps are done as a dark version actually. Montreal's metro map being the most famous.

It makes a great change and the result is really striking.

Well, thank you, Roger :-)

I was too simple minded to think other than white for land, blue for water. O.o

Most of the time this color concept works very good but it is the most often used. Sometimes is nice to make something different. Does not work all the time though.

Nice work.

Thanks a lot :-) Glad you like it!