Sign in to follow this  
Phil in Welland

Publisher Beta crash on save

I reported yesterday that I was experiencing crashes on saving using the release version. A report back from Pauls:

Quote: There has been an issue with unpinning objects which have been detached from a master object. Unfortunately this corrupts the document. We believe this is fixed in the beta version. You would have to recreate the file in the beta version and that should work. If that still crashes we would definitely like to know.

I downloaded the Beta and set up the project again, and it was working fine. But is now crashing again. Seems to me to be still linked to the pinning function.

A crash log is attached.

Publisher Beta crash log.pdf

@Phil in Welland Can you attach the file you made the in beta that still crashes on save, if you managed to get a copy of it with that issue in? We have fixed a recipe to get a file in this state with pinned objects, and the newer .422 beta uploaded since you posted has fixed another way to get this. When creating the document in the beta were you using pinned objects and editing them via "Edit Detached"?

@patrickfoster Was your file created in the beta? If so was it .422? 

If you want a private link to upload then use this link

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

It might be possible for us to recover it if it is still crashing on save.

The recipe to get a file into this state should be fixed in the current customer beta (.422), so working in that for now should avoid it happening again

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com