You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital Asset Management - What replaced Lightroom for you?

Hi All,

Mac user here and still working my through Affinity trial and wanted to ask those who moved from Adobe. What has replaced LR with regards to managing & tagging your photographs, and creating collections etc? I don't really use Photoshop that much, if at all, and the things I love about LR are:

- I can manage and edit all my photos in a single program. 99.9% of the time, adjustment brushes are all I need - Not a deal breaker.

- I can tag/key word my photos and create collections, making finding files a breeze - This is one thing I think I will miss, if I decide to move from LR.

- I don't need to save anything - my work up to that point is remembered. If I quit the app, nothing needs to be saved. - Not a deal breaker.

Affinity Photo so far has been impressive.  The workflow is different for sure and would need some re-adjusting. The main pull for me is the price, and the fact I don't need to be constantly signed into something like Creative Cloud - That BS just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by //iain

I quit Adobe a little more that a year ago. When I take just a few pictures Photo does the job for RAW editing. But when I came back with a few hundred RAW pictures I was missing LR. I went to On1 RAW 2019. Not perfect but batch editing is much easier and faster. And you pay once.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"