Hi,

On Windows, selection tools can certainly be improved.

• The selection brush tool is relatively useless without a tolerance factor. It does not discriminate between very different pixels (hue, saturation, luminosity) ;
  • I can achieve a kind of selection with the flood select tool but it needs many many many mouse/pen clicks, and with a tolerance value between 1 (!) and  14... otherwise, everything is selected.

An editing photo app without effective selection tools is kind of a tree without branches. Selection is a quite basic process in (almost) any workflow. I do not know how the selection tools function in Mac but I have never succeeded to rapidly make an accurate selection.

• Would it not be possible to add a tolerance value for the selection brush tool?
  • And make the Flood select tool more functional ?
  • I also find that the refine “tool” is difficult to set and often my selection is worst after using it

I simply would like to stress we need the best possible tools so we all can make effective complex selection(s).

Cheers,

P.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go