You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm creating a document that uses lots of tables.  So far every table I've created increase the row size on the last row to something very large and I haven't been able to find a way to reset the last row to the size for the text that I am putting in it.  The only solution I've found so far is to create the table with the information I want in it, then create a base new table (same # of columns) copy the info from the original table I've having problems with and pasting it into the new table.  This is  long way around to be able to manage the table row sizes.  Any ideas or is there a but in the way Publisher handles tables?  Or maybe it is simply user error.  I am using the MAC version of Publisher.

Edited by dcwaggener
adding info

You might try the new 1.7.2.422 beta of Publisher for MacOS. It has some table fixes, though I'm not sure that exact problem is fixed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

I have tried this on my release version of Publisher and have been unable to replicate the issue that you are having with the tables, is it possible to post a screen recording showing this so I can follow your steps to see if I get the same results.

But I had the same problem. Whenever I tried to change the height of the last row it in fact increased it's visible size. The editor for the cell height added the number I had just typed in to the current height. And if I clicked on the arrows at the right of the field it increased the size independent of which arrow I clicked on. After I have deleted the last row, the height of the row before – now the last one  – increased it's size immediately and started to show the same behaviour as the deleted last row. An undo step had the same effect. I quit the application and opened the document again: As soon as the document was on the screen the last row increased it's size visibly.

I managed to set up a new table without that behaviour. I only saw this behaviour again when I copied a cell or a row into the last row. I could prevent to see the same behaviour with an undo step. Maybe it has something to do with the differemce between pasting a cell or a row. This is the only hint I have for that strange behaviour.

(Macbook Pro 15', middle of 2014 with MacOSX Mojave 10.14.5

• 2 weeks later...

I still have this issue on my Mac Mini whether I am using the release version 1.7.1 or the customer beta version 1.7.2.422.  I have a MAC Mini 2018, MacOS Mojave 10.14.5, 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram.  I have attached a small video showing the issue.  I just recently purchase the Windows version of Publisher version 1.7.1.404 running on a Windows Surface PC and have the same issues.  Any ideas?