You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatches :: copy/paste With Object to different .afpub

When I copy an object which has a swatch assigned into a different .afpub document then I do miss its swatch in the other document and need to generate it there once more.

That is especially disturbing for global swatches, because I am not able to make them appear in an application palette.

And it becomes more disturbing if I copy/paste more than one object, for instance an illustration like a diagram, a map or a technical drawing where every color represents a specific meaning. Then it is useless time consuming that I need to regenerate the swatches in every document using these objects.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I'm having the same problem in Designer. Paste a logo with global swatches (Corporate colours that must never ever change) and the swatches don't follow into the new document. The global swatch is there "sort of" because the colour palette says my object's fill is a global swatch and I can even edit it, but I can never apply it to another object because it's not in the swatches palette anywhere.

Major fail...

Here's a screenshot showing the global colour in use, but no document palette or global swatches in my swatches palette.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 14.19.40.png

Indeed, Stephen_H, that makes it more weird that swatches aren't copied together with objects.
(...as it does by the way for text frames and their saved text styles)

Furthermore: if I want to assign such a "Global Color" by using the Color Picker Tool, then the color look gets assigned but not its global property.
Also when I select "Add Color to Swatch" then only the look becomes a swatch but its global property is ignored and lost again.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 year later...