You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Greetings

I too am a huge fan of what Affinity is doing for the design world. Thank you!

I purchased Affinity Photo through the Apple Store some time a go and also got the free "Light Leaks" macros at that time. Recently I updated to version 1.7.1 and those macros are no longer working. Can you offer some advice? I need the macros for an ongoing project.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Larry_Lou,

Welcome to the forums :)

These macros seem to be working for me. What happens when you try to use them? Does this apply to all the macros in this pack or just one?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hello

None of the macros in the pack are working. I've attached a screen shot applying the "Flash" macro which normally has a huge effect on the image. After applying the macro, there seems to only be a slight adjustment to the white balance. I've also made a detail screen shot of the layers after applying the macro. The other light leak macros do pretty much exactly the same thing.

Thanks!

Affinity_Flash-Makrojpg.jpg

Affinity_Flash-Makro_layers.jpg

• Staff

Hi Larry_Lou,

If you try applying them to a new document with only a single image layer do they work? If possible could you provide a screen recording of you applying the macro?

Thanks

C

Hi

It did work on a single layer, newly opened image. The effect only appears after applying it. Without a preview there is no way to control adjustments. When applying the macro, the AF Assistant pops up saying, "The assistant has applied the changes according to the old method." (my quick translation).

I'll see if I can grab a video.

Thanks

BTW: I am unable to post replies in the forum using Safari. I'm now using Chrome.

• Staff

In the video you have provided the macro appears to be working fine it even shows you a preview before the filter has been applied.

I know what's going wrong - back in 20 minutes and I'll explain, I've got something else to do at the moment

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The Light Leaks macros works on all image sizes in 1.6

In 1.7 it appears to work "correctly" only when your image is about 3500px or more (wide)

You can see this by extending the canvas around your small  image so the canvas size is, say, 5000px wide

If you then run the Flash macro you will see that the main effect is way outside your original image.

To "fix" it, before running the macro from the Library panel change the drop down from "No scale" to "Min Fit"  (some of the other options may also work)

Not sure if it gives exactly the same effect as when run on 1.6 but now the macros do at least work on smaller images

minfit.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.