I'm doing a shirt for a client. He want's the design to wrap from front to back (including sides). How the **** do I do that on Affinity programs???!

Assuming you produced such a design, how will you plan to print it onto the shirt. Are there printers that will print around the sides of a shirt? If so, what kind of input do they require?

That might influence what you would need to produce. Also, will you be using Designer or Photo? Or do you have both.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.535 Beta

Go find a print shop locally or online that can do this. They will provide you with their specs and maybe a dummy file to set up your design. Also, they will tell you what works and what does not design wise! Things like aligning the front and back might be not possible unless it's a very small number of shirts that can be done manually. There may be areas that just can't be printed on.

If the shop uses "dye sublimation printing", there are (nearly?) no limits to colors: it's basically a inkjet on paper print that gets transferred to the fabric. The other, more traditional option is silk screen printing. This is completely different in the way color gets on the shirt. Normally it uses 1-4 colors, which limits what you can do. But if you understand the process, the results can be extraordinary. 

In photo it sounds as if you need the Affine filter. This allows you to switch sides to middle. If you then add design elements to the middle, and re-apply the affine filter, it will ensure that the edges line up. Try searching for "Affine filter" for examples.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

9 hours ago, dmont76 said:

I'm doing a shirt for a client. He want's the design to wrap from front to back (including sides). How the **** do I do that on Affinity programs???!

How the [expletive deleted] would you do that in real life? Your client has given you a nearly impossible task. Does he want it in different sizes too? 

Best solution is to tell him you can't do this particular job. You'll save a lot of time thus not losing a bunch of money in the process.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.0.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.0.163 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.536

I have no clue how would you do a "Wrap" in any program. On a T shirt technically there is no sides, there's only front and back. So just make sure your artwork touches from side t oside and that should be it. I doubt there is software that does this apart from some 3D printing shit.

1 hour ago, LarrySunshine said:

On a T shirt technically there is no sides, there's only front and back.

Well most if not all T-shirts are made from knitwear-hoses - so no seams for front and back - just shoulder+arms and there are "all-over- and wraparound-printing" solutions.

As John said the Affine filter will allow you to move the sides into the middle, so you can create a seamless loop. This is something I used to do a lot in Photoshop (offset filter) when making seamless textures for 3d models.

As for how you would print a continuous loop onto a T-shirt, I've no idea, but I imagine the input needed would just be a rectangle that meets at the edges, or supplied in two pieces that are printed with some sort of registration alignment. Best get advice from the people making the T-shirt.