You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELP! Tables + Guides Manager + Text Style Options and Random Glyphs Errors!

Hey guys, Loving the Publisher Platform. I've been using the program all week and along the way I've come across a few buggy issues. I didn't take any screen shots but Ive tried to describe them the best I can. See below:

1. When using tables, for whatever reason if I delete a row/column it makes whatever the last remaining row/column cell on the table really large to the point it goes off the screen. I have to delete the table and restart it.

2. The guides manager menu item, sometimes doesn't show up. On some instances it takes me 3 or 4 attempts to get the Guide Manager window to even prompt.

3. There was a major issue when I was typing into a text frame, I would type a normal paragraph and if I hit the keyboard 'Delete' button it would delete a character, but as soon as I started typing again, after that delete it would only show random square glyphs instead of spaces or letter as I typed. Even when I used the keyboard arrows keys (left & right arrow keys) to try and move across,  it would type glyphs as if I was typing letters or number. I couldn't get it to stop, so I had to delete the text frame and restart the program.

4. The final bug I noticed was the text style buttons didn't work, I tried to 'Superscript' an ordinal (make the TH or ND on a date smaller....4th, 2nd) it only worked once for me. Initially I thought it might be a font issue but it happened on all the fonts I tried it on.

7 hours ago, Bobbie said:

4. The final bug I noticed was the text style buttons didn't work, I tried to 'Superscript' an ordinal (make the TH or ND on a date smaller....4th, 2nd) it only worked once for me. Initially I thought it might be a font issue but it happened on all the fonts I tried it on.

I can't offer much for items 1-3.

For #4, it sounds like you're talking about the buttons in, e.g., the Typography section of the Characters studio panel. That section of options enables or disables various OpenType features of OpenType Fonts. In particular, for a font that supplies superscript or subscript glyphs for some of its characters, the Super- and Subscrpt buttons switch to using those glyphs instead of the usual ones.

Thus, the Super- and Subscript buttons will work for only a limited set of the font's characters, depending on exactly what the font supplies for alternate glyphs.

For characters not supplied by the font, look at the Positioning and Transform settings just above Typography. On the lower-right setting in that area you'll see one that looks like a S with a : which will give you an option to have Publisher reposition and resize any character to make it look like a superscript or subscript.

image.png.381137aea0b2333fddf21c2b4ee022d6.png

The "fake" super- and/or subscripts are not as well-integrated with the design of the other letters in the font, but are the best that can be done when the font does not supply the real glyphs.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, dcwaggener said:

I'm having the same issues with tables you noted in items 1 - 3.  Haven't found a solution yet

Yeah me either. Every time it happened I just restarted the table. What operating system are you using on your Mac?

You might try the new MacOS Publisher Beta 1.7.2.422, which has some table fixes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1