You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Apply Paragraph Style and Clear All

There has been a lot of discussion in this thread, both interesting and helpful discussion.

But just so this thread does not lose its way, the basic request is actually very simple: I was hoping for a way to "Apply [Style], Clear All." The response is that the equivalent command in Publisher is "Apply [Style] to Paragraphs and Clear Character Styles." But rather than clear character styles, it applies the paragraph style as a character style. Resolve that one issue, and the purpose of my creating this thread will be met.

11 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

… the basic request is actually very simple: I was hoping for a way to "Apply [Style], Clear All." The response is that the equivalent command in Publisher is "Apply [Style] to Paragraphs and Clear Character Styles." But rather than clear character styles, it applies the paragraph style as a character style. Resolve that one issue, and the purpose of my creating this thread will be met.

Seconded. It should also be mentioned that this happens even when 'Show in both panels' is not ticked in the paragraph style. So Publisher is performing this action contrary to its own user guide which states:

… you can set paragraph styles to selected glyphs as if they are character styles, without affecting the style applied to the paragraph. To activate this feature, you must set the text style to Show in both panels.

PS. How can Garrett get this thread moved to 'Feature Requests & Suggestions  > Feedback for Affinity Publisher on Desktop'? He asked if the moderators would do that previously, but is there something more he needs to do? Edit: I have done as summersara suggested below.

1 hour ago, Kal said:

PS. How can Garrett get this thread moved to 'Feature Requests & Suggestions  > Feedback for Affinity Publisher on Desktop'? He asked if the moderators would do that previously, but is there something more he needs to do?

Try clicking on the report flag on garrettm30 first post and report that the thread is in the wrong forum and needs moving, that usually gives them a nudge :)