You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature Request for Publisher: Placed File Percentage of Original

I may have missed this in the forum, so apologies if it's a duplicate topic. I know this feature isn't essential for all users, but it is for some. I need to be able to see the "percentage of original" of placed files.  I have a sign manufacturing client, and much of the artwork we use in the catalog is designed at scale. So, for example, I may place a number of vector images at 6% of their original size. (I scale the images originally by typing 6% in the Transform box, which is nice.) But once the image is placed, I have no reference to what percentage it is of the original. Inevitably, we have to change the scaling of those images across multiple pages. So, they may end up being, say 7.3% of the original—but the key is that they all have to scale the same. Other images are not drawn to scale, but are consistent with each other (maybe placed at 50% of their original size). It's too onerous to go back and re-place each image at the new scale. Nor should one have to calculate how much to scale up (or down) to get to a new desired size. Both of those options would be fine for a limited number of transformations. But it doesn't work for a catalog with 1,000 individual items.

Thanks. I know you are being inundated with requests and comments. The Affinity team has done a marvelous job with the first release, and I look forward to transitioning to Publisher as I am able (as I have already done with Photo and Design).