You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product key is not available

I just downloaded the free version of Affinity Designer. When I wanted to activate it, I couldn´t find the product key in my account. There is only a purchase order number.

How do I get the product key for the free version?

Thank you

@itn

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

17 hours ago, itn said:

I just downloaded the free version of Affinity Designer

I am pretty certain that there is no such thing as a "free" version of Affinity Designer.  Where did you download it from?

There is a "Trial" version which will run for 10 days from when you first install it but then, if you wish to continue to use it you must buy it.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff
18 hours ago, itn said:

I just downloaded the free version of Affinity Designer. When I wanted to activate it, I couldn´t find the product key in my account. There is only a purchase order number.

How do I get the product key for the free version?

Thank you

From what I can see in your account you haven't purchased the full version you have only downloaded the trial so you wont have a product key.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

4 hours ago, Mark Bailey said:

I have just purchased the Publisher program via the Apple App Store and I didn't get a product key. I also wanted to know whether I can install it on my laptop and my desktop machines? And is so, how do you do this.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Mark.

For purchases from the Mac App Store you don't have a product key, and you don't need one. Your purchase is tied to the Apple user ID you used to purchase it from the store, and all updates or reinstallations come via the the Mac App Store.

The license allows you to install the product on multiple machines, as long as no one other than you uses it for commercial purposes. Just sign in to the Ma App Store on each machine, using the same Apple user ID, and look at your list of purchased programs. You will find Publisher there, available to install on your additional machine.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1