You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There is no warp, or perspective tool at the moment but it's coming and I dare bet it will have some killer features.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Adobe is scared a little more every week....  

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

5 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Every new version maybe?

But not every week

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Actually, Adobe is probably getting a wee bit more scared each time one of its subscribers asks to cancel.  They have to know that their rental model is not the only game in town now that Affinity and Studio Link is up and running.   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Have to agree that Affinity is becoming a serious contender! I spend my days watching the growing number of Affinity Tutorials on YouTube, and I can't help but notice how the unrequested Adobe video tutorials are Skyrocketing next to them, along with their Ads, even though I never click on them, lol. Someone is VERY WORRIED at Adobe.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

Yet another Adobe staff person that will point out that Affinity Suite is not a replacement for Adobe Suite...

I certainly is sure that you already knows the answer...

lol this guy is such a tinfoil head...

People including me complained about this tool not being in AD. I have ~10 years experience in using vector software. I used CorelDRAW, Illustrator and InkScape, and guess what. Each of them had this tool. But of course we have to be employed by Adobe. lol

On 7/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, AlainP said:

Ramblings of a guy who saw the pyramids being built.......

Adobe has absolutely nothing to be worried about, 20 000 employees world wide, 10 billion revenue thereabouts and its biggest rival is Quark, founded in the 1980's somewhere 10 years before Adobe.   Adobe has clout, power and resources world wide.   Affinity, I imagine, is not there to compete with Adobe, I doubt that it ever could or even wants to, except to fill a niche market that Adobe cares nothing about; of very small business and 2 man operations and the semi professional photographer or illustrator and for Those that find Adobe's pricing system outrageous where you pay for a product that will Never belong to you.  This Is the space, that I believe, Affinity fills. 

Those people that complain about Affinity not being able to do this or that should take a good look at Adobe Photoshop 4, which is where I frst started. This was a huge leap because after 4 years they finally broought in adjustment layers and actions  WOW!  That took Years my friends, years.  It was young just as affinity is now.  So No complaints please, just wishes dreams and suggestions, patience and kindness.  Not to mention there was no such thing as a forum back in  1996, so no one to make suggestions, no one to complain, no one to say things like photoshop should be able to do such and such, it is the technological development of mass communication on the internet that allows every single person on the globe to communicate their issues, for good and for the not so good. With so many individual needs expressing their wants based upon one facet - comparison .  How on earth did we publish, write, type, design, draw, sketch, in the 1990's?  How did we copy paste duplicate type circular combine text and graphics, how did we proof read, check spelling, before automation?  It's a philosophical issue I know, but the truth is we only want or desire something when we are force fed the fact that we can not live without it and exposed to advertising that confirms our need for it.  A similar principle works in that I am use to something in Photoshop but could not work it in Af.Photo and got frustrated - I too am guilty of what I have just written,  I know.

It is enough that Affinity has a forum and communication channel that surpasses Adobe's in that it retains a personal and open channel to the developers as well. :)

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

4 hours ago, Chris26 said:

This was a huge leap because after 4 years they finally broought in adjustment layers and actions  WOW!  That took Years my friends, years. 

I remember that WOW factor! ...and V4 added History too. Working on the earlier versions of Photoshop were a lot more challenging,  requiring a lot of thought about HOW to do things, rather than just looking for the feature, pressing a button and it happen. If I remember correctly V1 didn't even have layers! I can't even imagine working with that now.

What I like about Affinity products is the fact they've gone back to the start, looked at the core processes and improved some of that basic functionality.

Don't you just love it?  For this you needed a whopping amount of Ram - 16 Mb!

ps4.JPG.57e8ab0f0ca36f13e382b3c062224a59.JPG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Nice!

Although not quite as retro as Spectrum 512 for the Atari ST with it's wopping 512Kb of RAM...
https://images.app.goo.gl/w4YL4fZ3g2urfK8V9

I remember making some graphics in that (pixel by pixel) and then recording it onto a VHS tape for my college lecturer to be able to see because there was no other way of my outputting it in colour at the time.

Ah that top bar in your image looks familiar, I remember having something similar to that on an Amstrad back in 1991.  Pixel by pixel, I think a drawing once took me half the day.  Then to save it, yep, bring out your notebook and type in a whole string in the command line just to save, another 5 minutes gone.:D

Reminds me of this ancient clip, a merge of Apple's "Switch" campaign + text posted at Adobe forum ID 2.x in early 21st-century.

"http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.1de5a9de/0
#1-3 55/220/50

--

Since installing Jaguar, I experienced some issues with InDesign 2.01.

After using ID for an hour or so, the cursor always remains a black arrow, no matter what tool is selected, or even if a file is being placed.

Also, the Undo option is grayed out.

The only way to get this back to normal is quit InDesign. I do this about 40 times a day now.

None of this happened when working in 10.1.5.
I never realized how many times I hit Apple-Zett, until this started happening.  

This is ID2 on Jaguar. I'm da un-do King! - Does anyone else have this problems?"

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Adobe has always had one compelling flaw. They have never cared a bit about their clients. Their software is bloated, their business practices unethical (destruction of Freehand ..far superior and faster than Illustrator .  Right now they are anticipating a huge rise in their stock value according to the Wall Street Journal. They are paranoid as hell that it isn't going to happen as promised. People are fleeing the subscription model now that they have a very fast alternative with a company interested in helping their user base. All 3 Affinity products are rapidly improving and may soon all surpass Adobe's bloated crap (Adobe users have openly admitted they don't use half the crap that Adobe stuffs into their products). As soon as the Printers start carrying the cheaper alternatives, Adobe will be nothing but a Font company and everyone will be thanking Affinity for what they did for us!

Edited by Bru-US