Paige

Saving (why won't it save manually ?)

Hello group,

anyone else have issue with simply saving a document while it is OPEN when selecting save in the drop down menu? It simply doesn’t which causes me to loss work when it crashes (which it seems to do more frequently since 1.7 update on my ipad)

Previously I would deselect any layer, click the selection tool then (and only then would ) I be would able to actually save with the document currently open. The other option was exiting the doc then reopening it (slow..) .

Maybe I am missing something that I should know about?

Thanks

Hi Paige :)

Are you referring to 'Save a Copy' from the document menu within app? Where is your default save location? (ie on the Cloud or local storage?)

Selecting save in the drop down menu (see image attached)
It’s very random in it’s function...most times it simply doesn’t do anything.

AF267026-5877-41DD-83E4-7D188F5CF6A7.jpeg

On 7/10/2019 at 9:16 AM, Paige said:

when it crashes (which it seems to do more frequently since 1.7 update on my ipad)

This is the most  troubling. What iPad do you use?  Affinity on A12X has no problems. Do you have enough storage space?  Sometimes that will cause instability in some apps 

Apologies for the delayed response Paige, I have since been able to replicate this issue and I've logged it with our development team to be investigated asap!

On 7/17/2019 at 6:15 AM, Dan C said:

Apologies for the delayed response Paige, I have since been able to replicate this issue and I've logged it with our development team to be investigated asap!

No problem Dan. I tried to find a way to make it function. The only thing that seems to be working is using the  selection tool and clicking on a white space (deselecting everything). Then holding down the save for 2+ seconds. Simply tap selecting it won’t work.

(maybe I am to oldschool in my way about constantly hitting save, ha)