You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving (why won't it save manually ?)

Paige

Hello group,

anyone else have issue with simply saving a document while it is OPEN when selecting save in the drop down menu? It simply doesn’t which causes me to loss work when it crashes (which it seems to do more frequently since 1.7 update on my ipad)

Previously I would deselect any layer, click the selection tool then (and only then would ) I be would able to actually save with the document currently open. The other option was exiting the doc then reopening it (slow..) .

Maybe I am missing something that I should know about?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Paige :)

Are you referring to 'Save a Copy' from the document menu within app? Where is your default save location? (ie on the Cloud or local storage?)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 7/10/2019 at 9:16 AM, Paige said:

when it crashes (which it seems to do more frequently since 1.7 update on my ipad)

This is the most  troubling. What iPad do you use?  Affinity on A12X has no problems. Do you have enough storage space?  Sometimes that will cause instability in some apps 

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response Paige, I have since been able to replicate this issue and I've logged it with our development team to be investigated asap!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 7/17/2019 at 6:15 AM, Dan C said:

Apologies for the delayed response Paige, I have since been able to replicate this issue and I've logged it with our development team to be investigated asap!

No problem Dan. I tried to find a way to make it function. The only thing that seems to be working is using the  selection tool and clicking on a white space (deselecting everything). Then holding down the save for 2+ seconds. Simply tap selecting it won’t work.

(maybe I am to oldschool in my way about constantly hitting save, ha)